Brooklyn is developing engineered cellular medicines for the treatment of patients with cancer, blood disorders, and monogenic diseases. Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is seeking a skilled, hands-on Lab Manager who will play a key role in leading the laboratory organization and perform more complex functions and activities involved in defined research projects.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in lab management support such as ordering supplies and equipment, maintaining lab records, implementing lab-safety procedures, and adhering to safety regulations. The candidate must be enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment and have a desire to create novel therapies for patients. This position will be based in San Diego, CA.
- Oversee supply and equipment budget under supervision of Principal Scientist or lab Director.
- Manage the acquisition of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Collaborate with Health and Safety Officer and lab Director to establish laboratory safety and operational policies.
- Ensure that the laboratory complies with regulations and all required training.
- Serve as a technical resource for other research staff.
- Oversee the daily activities of the laboratory including lab maintenance; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Respond flexibly to changing priorities and deliver accurate results in a timely fashion.
- Effectively communicate and report/present data at internal meetings.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field with technical laboratory experience and four years of relevant work experience in the industry.
- Prior administrative experience for coordinating program activities with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- Self-driven, curious, and detail-oriented manager with a strong problem-solving mindset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and data quality, and experience working on diverse collaborative teams.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.