Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is seeking Senior/Research Associates to join a small but growing R&D team in Cambridge MA to support the development of advanced mRNA and cell-based medicines. Brooklyn is focused on exploring the role that cytokine, gene editing, and cell therapies can have in treating patients with cancer, blood disorders, and monogenic diseases.
Successful candidates will be responsible for designing, executing and interpreting experiments and must be willing to learn and employ a broad range of experimental techniques. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Design and execute mammalian cell culture experiments, including primary cell cultures.
- Perform genetic manipulation of cells (electroporation, transfection).
- Analyze experiments with molecular and biochemical techniques (DNA/RNA analyses, qPCR/ddPCR, FACS, IHC, ELISA).
- Perform data analysis and interpretation of experimental findings.
- Respond flexibly to changing priorities and deliver accurate results in a timely fashion.
- Effectively communicate and report/present data at internal meetings.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in an electronic notebook.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in a biological science.
- 3+ years of academic or industrial research experience.
- Proficient with mammalian cell culture, including primary cells. Experience with pluripotent stem cells and cell reprograming techniques preferred.
- Experience with basic immunostaining and microscopy techniques
- Proficient in basic molecular biology and biochemical analytical techniques.
- Experience maintaining a lab notebook and following written protocols.
- Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles is a plus
- Basic knowledge of lipid nanoparticle (LNP) delivery techniques is a plus
- Attention to detail with critical analysis of data and excellent problem-solving skills
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and organized.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.