Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is seeking skilled, hands-on Scientists who will play a key role in leading the development of advanced mRNA-based cellular and genetic medicines. Brooklyn is developing engineered cellular medicines for the treatment of patients with cancer, blood disorders, and monogenic diseases.
Successful candidates will have strong cellular and molecular biology skills with extensive experience in pluripotent stem cells and gene editing or mRNA and lipid nanoparticle delivery. The candidate must be enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment and have and a desire to create novel therapies for patients. This position will be based in San Diego CA.
- Work cross-functionally to advance mRNA-based gene editing and cell therapy programs internally and with external partners
- Lead research projects to develop, optimize and characterize pluripotent stem cell-derived cell therapies or in vivo gene editing technologies
- Design and execute mammalian cell culture experiments, work with primary cell cultures
- Perform genetic manipulation of cells (electroporation, transfection)
- Analyze experiments with molecular and biochemical techniques (DNA/RNA analyses, qPCR/ddPCR, RNA-seq, FACS, IHC, ELISA)
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in an electronic notebook
- Perform data analysis and interpretation of experimental findings
- Respond flexibly to changing priorities and deliver accurate results in a timely fashion
- Effectively communicate and report/present data at internal meetings
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Life Sciences with 0-5 years of experience, or MS with 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Scientific expertise in gene editing and pluripotent stem cells or with mRNA and LNPs required
- Strong expertise in the latest molecular and cellular biology and gene editing techniques
- Hands on experience implementing next generation sequencing assays and analyzing and interpreting NGS data preferred
- Self-driven, curious, and detail-oriented scientist with a strong problem-solving mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and data quality, and experience working on diverse collaborative teams.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals or equivalent industry accomplishment
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
Brooklyn ImmunoTherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.